Answers to the James Dean "Jeopardy" Game
Updated 12 July 1998 URL is http://our.tentativetimes.net/fanweek/jepanser.html
If you are stuck in a frame at another site, click on this link to break free
The Jeopardy-style James Dean Game Answers!
Lenny Prussack had spent an entire year working on the questions, and shares them here with all the fans. Be sure to take the quiz yourself, at home, before you read these answers. It will be more fun that way.
Questions with Answers
Questions we could remember from the elimination round:
No one sent me the answers to these. I just filled in what I had in my notes.
- What was the name of the maid in Judy’s household? (Bertha)
- How did Rock Hudson and Elizabeth Taylor get to Texas? (by train)
- Which friend of Jimmy’s was in the movie Plan 9 From Outer Space?
- What was the number on Jimmy’s racing car? (130)
- Whose photo was in Plato’s locker?
- What was the name of the place where the chicken race was run? (Middletown Bluff)
- What are the names of the cross-streets in Marion IN where James Dean was born?
- What are the names of the cross-streets for Jim Stark’s high school?
- Which co-star of Jim’s went on to become Josephine the Plumber? (Jane Withers)
- There were five more question.
Main Game Questions
The first round categories were Rebel Without A Cause; Dean’s Friends; Biography Authors; Giant; Dean’s Teachers.
- What movie cowboy taught James Dean to do rope tricks? (Bob Hinkle
- What’s Vampira’s real name? (Maila Nurmi)
- His 1975 biography "The James Dean Story" was reissued in 1995; who is this author? (Ronald Martinetti)
- What was Jim Stark’s address? (1753 Angelo)
- What was Jett’s ranch’s name? (Little Reata)
- What was Detective Ray’s last name? (Framick)
- What was Rock Hudson’s character’s name in Giant? (Bick Benedict)
- What color were Plato’s socks? (red and blue)
- What is Judy’s brother’s name? (Beau)
- Who starred in Baby Doll, after Giant? (Carol Baker)
- What state is Giant set in? (Texas)
- What did Jim Stark nearly break his hand hitting? (a desk)
- What German actress was in a James Bond film? (Ursula Andress)
- Jimmy attended his workshops in the "method" style of acting. (James Whitmore)
- Who played Catwoman on TV? (Eartha Kitt)
- What famous choreographer did Dean study under in NYC? (Katherine Dunham)
- Who wrote a Dean book and one on Marilyn and Hitchcock too? (Donald Spoto)
- Who was a friend of Dean, Bogart and Bacall? (Joe Hyams)
- Who wrote "I, James Dean" published in 1957? (T.T. Thomas)
- What New York photographer took the "torn sweater" photos? (Roy Schatt)
- Who played Alf’s neighbor and Seinfeld’s Mom? (Elizabeth "Dizzy" Sheridan)
- Jimmy wanted to learn piano from this composer. (Leonard Rosenman)
- His 1995 book is titled "James Dean, A Biography". (Val Holley)
- Who was Jimmy’s high school speech and drama instructor? (Adeline Mart Nall)
Categories included On Broadway; TV co-stars; Rock and Roll; Wannabes; East of Eden.
- In East of Eden, what actor played Cal’s brother Aaron? (Richard "Dick" Davalos)
- Who won an Oscar for East of Eden? (Jo Van Fleet)
- Who was the strict dad? (Raymond Massey)
- What actress in Eden was in Twister? (Lois Smith)
- Who sang and played guitar in East of Eden? (Burk Ives)
- What actor moons us in Race With Destiny? (Casper Van Dien)
- His original "Rock On" was covered by Michael Demian. (David Essex)
- Which actor made his movie debut in Grease II? (Maxwell Caulfield)
- What group sang these lines: "Too fast to live, too young to die?" (The Eagles)
- His video for Suedehead was filmed in Fairmount? (Morrissey)
- Their album "Brain Capers" was dedicated to Jimmy? (Mott The Hoople)
- What Psycho star was called a new James Dean? (Anthony "Tony" Perkins)
- What is the name of the character J.D. played in See The Jaguar? (Wally Wilkins)
- Who played a scientist on "The Evil Within"? (Rod Stieger)
- What Hill #1 co-star was in Planet Of The Apes? (Roddy McDowall)
- Who was the beautiful co-star in Sentence of Death? (Betsy Palmer)
- What famous acting couple starred in "Glory In The Flower"?? (Jessica Tandy and Hume Cronin)
- Who played Jimmy in the TV movie, "Portrait of a Friend"? (Stephen McHattie)
- Name the character J.D. played in The Immoralist. (Bachir)
- Name the theatre where See The Jaguar was staged. (Cort Theatre)
- Name the theatre for The Immoralist. (Royale Theatre)
- Name the Broadway theatre where "Come Back To The Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy Dean" opened. (Martin Beck Theatre)
- Who was the elegant city girl in "I’m A Fool"? (Natalie Wood)
- His "Walk On The Wild Side" mentions Jimmy. (Lou Reed)
- This actor was a Jimmie look-a-like in "Badlands." (Martin Sheen)
The final jeopardy category was "Television" and the question was "In this TV show, Jimmy plays Jeffrey Latham."
The answer to the final Jeopardy question is (drum roll)
The Unlighted Road
Thanks to Magdalin Leonardo for the Jeopardy final question!
And thanks to Lenny for sending me the questions and answers after he saw this page!Thanks to David Loehr for the concept of this Fan Appreciation Weekend, for the Jeopardy game, for the three great meals and the rest of the entertainment. Thanks for caring, David. We love you.
Links to Otto Pages
Want to go back to the Fan Week Table?
Otto’s big index of James Dean Pages
This year’s June event, the Dean-themed Rockabilly Rebel Weekend #6
The Mercurys at the James Dean Run car show in Fairmount, Indiana. Info on how to register has just been added.
Otto’s Roots Music Pages in Otto
You can go to the cover of Otto any time.
For a good time, visit Mysteries By Mail
Be sure to appreciate our sponsor, Parlorcity Internet without which Otto would be silence and darkness.
This site is 100% speech friendly, for anyone vision-impaired.
The opinions expressed by the writers in Our Tentative Times do not represent the opinions of the sponsors, the Blue Moon Boys, advertisers, The Red Ball Jets, Our publisher, The Bottletones, man in the street, The Slippin’ Slacks, pundits, Big Sandy and the Fly-Rite Boys, researchers, The Atomics, graduate students, Jason Shields, tuna fishermen, Rocket J, bass players, The Duvalls, drugstore cowboys, Three Blue Teardrops, Caroline and the Cowtown Playboys, or any governmental, patriotic, fraternal, educational or recreational organization. They are just the writers’ opinions, although Johnny Burnette does slip into my dreams and praise Otto.
You may write to our publisher, Terry Miller, at email@example.com
Please send email to Tell Mama, a.k.a. Sandra Weinhardt in her new personna, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting. You are cool visitor number since 12 July 1998.