Updated 18 February 2003 URL is http://our.tentativetimes.net/01jdfest/index.html
Jump to the page index?
2001 James Dean Festival in Fairmount, IN
Pamels DesBarres from Hollywood congratulates popular lookalike winner David Wozniak of Sterling Heights, Michigan. See all the wild rumpus on The Lookalike Contest Pages. You can email David at Dwdean1955@aol.com
and his webpage in 2003 is up but I can't get the address right. Waiting for more data.
All 12 PagesAre On-Line
- The Lookalike Contest!! It has TWO pages.
- The kids (12 and under) lookalike contest
- A few of the students who won trophys at the Garfield Art and Photo Contest
- At Park Cemetery after the Memorial Service
- The Rock Lasso contest had an upset surprise winner.
- Click on this photo to see the Mercurys at the 2001 James Dean Run
- Click on this photo to go to pictures of the fans
- The Memorial Service of September 30, 2001
- The dance contest photos
- The 2001 Night Walk, led by Mark Kinnaman
- Bonus page, James Dean Movie Posters from abroad courtesy of David Loehr of the James Dean Memorial Gallery in Fairmount.
The dance contest winners shook their tail feathers just right.
The 2001 Festival ran from Friday, September 28 through Sunday, September 30th. The James Dean Run car show ran the same days, out in Playacres Park. You could walk to everything from everywhere. Always pay to park, if it's really crowded. Save wear and tear on your temper! The memorial service always starts at 1:00 on September 30th, no matter what day of the week the 30th falls on. Breakfast in the Fellowship Hall before the service. Be sure to make a nice donation to Back Creek Friends to show appreciation for all they do for the fans. Wear comfortable shoes, sunblock, and your camera. If you aren't from Indiana, be sure to eat a breaded pork tenderloin. We're famous for them, and you'll be hooked. (We Hoosiers already are.) The Legend Diner has reopened! Its new name is The Quaker Inn, as it was called in James Dean's time.
You are encouraged to bookmark this page.
Links to Deaner Pages
- Deaners James Dean massive site index
- The car pages index for this site! It includes Cholame pages.
- Historical pages about the Diner! One about the news, another about the opening party. (Links work now.)
- Want to go to the 2001 Fan Week page table?
- 1998's June event, the Dean-themed Rockabilly Rebel Weekend #6
- James Dean Memorial Gallery in Fairmount. Owned by astounding fan David Loehr, you are welcome here to take all the photos you want, when you visit, and you can buy cool Dean stuff on-line or at the Gallery.
- Tell-Mama music magazine
- You can go to the cover of Our Tentative Times any time.
The opinions expressed by the writers in Our Tentative Times do not represent the opinions of the sponsors, the Blue Moon Boys, advertisers, The Red Ball Jets, Our publisher, The Bottletones, man in the street, The Slippin' Slacks, pundits, Big Sandy and the Fly-Rite Boys, researchers, The Atomics, graduate students, Jason Shields, tuna fishermen, Rocket J, bass players, The Duvalls, drugstore cowboys, Three Blue Teardrops, Caroline and the Cowtown Playboys, or any governmental, patriotic, fraternal, educational or recreational organization. They are just the writers' opinions, although Buddy Holly does slip into my dreams and praise deaners.net.
Please send corrections by email to Tell-Mama, a.k.a. Sandra Weinhardteditor@tentativetimes.net
You need to tell me exactly which page you are referring to, because I have hundreds.
Logo by U.S. Army veteran Mark Kinnaman, artist to the fans. He has moved to Fairmount, Indiana!! Visit Mark's spiffy website.